Wednesday, February 29, 2012

13 February 2012


WOW VALENTINES DAY? Geez i can't believe just a year ago I was a
newbie in Argentina and didn't speak a word of spanish and just looking
at the change in me. It is truly a humbling thing to realize that I am
so much closer to my father in heaven and that I discovered that I
truly had my testimony before the mission and now it is just a few
words. I know Jesus Christ lives and I want to become like him!!!
Seriously just knowing that he loves me and is always helping me in a
lesson is the best feeling to my heart. The fact I, Elder Darby, who
didnt even know it was Moses that split the red sea before the mission
can convince someone to first off enter the house then teach the only
true way to pray to God and then teaching by listening to the person.
Knowing exactly what to say and share using the Bible and of
course the Book Of Mormon!!!! And then inviting the person to be
baptized like Jesus Christ and doing all of this in fluent SPANISH!!!!
It is incredible how much I truly love this gospel and how awesome it
is to be here serving the Lord with every drop of sweat I have every
minute and of course waking up early!!! 
I have 4 words I LOVE THIS WORK!!!!!!! I mean sure it is fun to have a car, a
cell phone with texts, money to blow on materials but there is nothing
like having a person cry to you because they have a family problem or
something and knowing that what you miraculously studied that morning
is exactly what that person needed!!! The way the spirit guides when
we are willing to listen and be obedient to receive it. 
I love the mission and now that you all want to hear the story of the week well
it has to be 2 things. Ok so the first was that thursday my companion
had to go to salta to do his papers so they send him and also another
brand new gringo who was actually his comp. in the MTC. So I thought
they would arrive at the terminal in salta and missionaries would pick
them up but nope!! So what happened is that they needed to take a taxi
to the offices but they didn't have the address. So they leave and
apparently they got to the terminal at 11:30pm and no elders were
there to help them so in the worst spanish possible they tried to ask
a taxi driver if he knew where to go but they struck out so what do
they do? they go and buy a sandwich at the worst shop possible haha.
Then apparently a taxi driver out of no where came up and said lets
go!! So they hopped in and he drove them to the OFFICES!!!! Miracle.
Then what happened is that no one was in the office at midnight so
they walked up to pres. house which is like one block away. They
arrived woke up pres. and neither of them could say a word so imagine
2 big white boys on pres. doorstep at 12:30am with just shrugged
shoulders and the most puzzled look on their face. classic!!! Then
pres. sent them to the house of the elders which was a long ways away.
So they didnt get to the house until like 2am. I( just love how no one
helped them but yet with all of that the Lord sent a taxi driver to
help them out thank goodness. The best was that i didnt know anything
until they got back friday just looking so tired and the first thing
my comp. says was "DARBY DONT LEAVE ME!!!" I heard this and started
laughing and they explained it all and wow what a story!!! 
So that was a classic moment and also just yesterday we were walking by a church that was catholic. THis lady started saying you praise Joseph Smith so
what do i do? I turn around hand her lesson one and what does she do?
she takes it and says I want to give you a blessing and starts
slapping my cheeks and my comp. just had such a puzzled look and next
thing you know she does it to my comp. it was freaking hilarious!!!!
But anyway those are our good stories oh and we went to the feria and
i found a chik fil a shirt and took a pic with my comps. camera so i
will send the photo next week!!! 
I love you all and am having a blast the pics are of our baptism saturday. 
It was awesome because one of my converts baptized fernando because 
he got the pristhood so it was a great experience. The best part is this 
saturday we are baptizing 2 more little girls who are just so cute their 
names are Agustina and Luciana!!! I love the success because we are 
just so happy because we know the Lord trusts us to baptize and teach his children. I love you all and hope your weeks are just fabulous and filled with LOVE!!!
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY LOVE ELDER DARBY

No comments:

Post a Comment