Tuesday, November 1, 2011

31 October 2011

Hey how are the elect people in the world that have the most amazing opportunity to be in the only true church on the face of the planet? I have to say, I have the most amazing purpose right now to be able to see miracles and to feel the spirit of God every single moment.
Here I am with my companion. We are both gringos, he has 5 months and I have 10, he is 19 and I am 20 and yet we are here in Coronel Arias Jujuy sharing a message that can change a persons life in a different language, to a different culture and yet it is EASY!!!! Please tell me how this is possible without the spirit and our Lord? This last saturday we had another BAPTISM!!!!! She is 11 and is such a smart girl. Her family are inactives but yet she goes to church every single sunday alone!!!!! We have the oppurtunity to teach these inactives; one of the husbands that would fight with missionaries is now my best friend!!! Elder Yates told me to be careful the first lesson with him in the house (oh by the way there are 13 in the house at once) so I entered, went up to him gave him a strong handshake packed him on the back and said "when is your baptism?". He looked at me and said "you tell me!!" This is my second week here and I have taught him 3 lessons and after 13 years of hating missionaries, yesterday I received a text message in church that said "can you meet me at 11:30 in front of the church so I can enter?" So at 11:30, there he was and he gave me a big hug and sat next to me. As I explained the sacrament service and after the 2 talks he told me, "wow her testimony and this feeling I have is real!!" I told him "hermano, you are in the only real church of Jesus Christ and that feeling is his spirit"
I have never felt more accomplished to see him show up without the cross around his neck and with an open heart just because he feels comfortable with me and Elder Yates, 2 gringos. He is really smart, has millions of questions but said after church that he wants to receive the lessons and with time be baptized. After that I read in 2 Nephi 'when a man speaks with the Holy Ghost, the Holy Ghost penetrates the hearts of the children of God'.
I realized it wasn't my personality that he loved, it wasn't because what I said but because the spirit was there and I was prompted to say what the spirit told me. I dropped on my knees and gave more thanks than ever in my entire life because I felt loved. I knew the Lord trusted me to have him in my presence and to be there for him.
Gosh the feelings I have every day I can't explain and the miracles and stories are just incredible. All I can say is that if we are worthy and we strive to be like Christ and always think of him, we not only receive his spirit but the power and His trust. I can testify that there is power in the priesthood and the spirit makes words become weapons. Nothing can change a heart like the spirit. The miracles we are seeing right now are amazing and the work we have is because we are being obedient.
Do not slip and fall on the path to Eternal Life because if you fall short you will be miserable and stuck in this forever. Obey the commandments, help others and pray not to get gain but to have the spirit to be with you. I love you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment