Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October 24, 2011

Skype is a guarantee because the members have computers here so it will be legit to see everyone and this time you can hear my terrible spanish. I am so excited and my goal is to baptize at least 20 by the time we chat and I know it is posible. Ok so I am loving being senior companion and district leader is such an amazing blessing because our district is the bomb. We are all owning at baptisms and they are just so pumped up to work.
I have never felt so happy, I mean the people here are just amazing, coming from Ledesma to my hometown of San Salvador, I feel like I am a born Jujuy boy. I just love it here I know every town, every site, all the food, all the sodas and it is just tight.
I hope everyone at home is just doing great because things are great, it isn't hot here and I am about 10 minutes from my first area so hopefully I will be able to see some members from my first area.
My companion is a stud he has had 3 months here in Argentina, is from Logan, Utah and we are honestly like best buds. We just talk about river rafting, FISHING and all the fun sports and of course he and I are great with the people here. So you might wonder why everything is just so great and that is because the president of the mission wrote me a private email saying, "elder Darby, I am writing you because your area was very productive before but Elder Darby trust in your companion and change the area just like LEDESMA!!!!" You don't know how good it feels to know he has his eyes on me and is proud of my work. I am just so happy and ready to just work.
We had the worst Sunday yesterday with one investigator in the church but we showed up at their house and they were so sad they said they showed up at 1pm after voting for the president, so we now have quite a few promises for church this Saturday. There is no greater feeling than seeing your investigators or inactive families in the church. I am just so excited to change this area and just get this giant ward to help and bring all the families that are lost back into the Lords arms. We are currently working with 14 families that are inactive and we have over 20 investigators that are progressing, so this week is gonna be a successful one at that. The missionaries before us got in a lot of trouble so a lot of the members went inactive so here we are trying to bring them back by setting the example.
So the new area is great, I love the people here from Jujuy they are smart and at the same time so humble and so loving to us. We have to drop by 3 families tonight to give us prepared pizza, empanadas, and jello!!! The members are amazing, yesterday I gave my testimony in front of everyone and all the members after came up to me and said when can we give you lunch because I love your energy. So everyone I have never felt happier to be here and to know that we can make a change here. I am now able to be the elder darby with spanish with my jokes and confidence, oh I am just so happy.
So the pension as well is just awesome we live in an apartment with 3 rooms, a giant hallway on the third floor and it is all tile and just gorgeous with HOT WATER!!!! oH AND THE TOWN WELL WE LIVE SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF CENTRO MEANING NO DOGS!!! haha it is really nice to have a ton of stores and CHANGO MAS which is a huge store, the owner is walmart so yeah-american items!!!! I am excited to go!!!
Well anyways obviously you can tell that i am recieving a ton of revelation for the companionships in my district and for my companion right now. A funny note is I heard him praying out loud the other day when he thought I was in the shower and he said, "I am so grateful to be with Elder Darby, thank you so much" so clearly we are having the best time together and working a ton!!!
This goes to all, you can email me because I would love to send some personal emails so please write me and I promise to write back. But to all that are reading this know the Lord blesses his servants and when we are obedient we are not only blessed, but we are trusted. The lord is always watching so why not be the best we can be at all moments? He suffered for us so why can't we return the love and serve him!!
Love Elder darby

No comments:

Post a Comment