Monday, July 25, 2011

July 25, 2011

TRANSFER TO JUJUY!

HEY I AM ALIVE AND ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT I AM IN A NEW AREA WITH A NEW COMP. AND THINGS ARE JUST CRAZY!!!!

Hello not from Tartagal but from JuJuy again!!!! I set a record for missionaries and it brought a lot of tears to many people. As you know I was in Perico JuJuy for 6 months and Tartagal for a month; now I am in Le desma, JuJuy!! It's rare to stay just a month in your second area. It doesn't happen because it is a time to learn, to grow because you have a chance to restart in a new ward with a new comp. Anyway, it hurts me because we had 3 baptisms-me and Bjorklund but in Tartagal, I had 9 planned for the next 2 weeks! Those people planned on me to baptize them so when they realize I left, I really hope that things don't change.

So yesterday, Sunday night I clearly knew my comp. was leaving because he is going home but in my head I didn't think it was impossible that I would be transferred too. After church members said they can't wait to get to know me better but then we received a call at 8pm. At this point I was with family Justiniano, my comp. received the call-came in and said "Darby, you are leaving" and my faced dropped because this family loved me and invited me to many things once my comp. left. Anyway we stayed another hour till 9pm just talking, I just sat there shocked and sad to leave the area because I only had 6 weeks there.

After crying my eyes out and the family crying as well, we left and it was hard as can be!!! We then visited one more family and had to go back to the pension. So it hasn't been an easy transition, I haven't slept at all because I was packing. It made me miss all of you, my last comp., the members and families like the Justiniano's. It is amazing how much love I have on my mission for the people here and how it is always hard to leave even with only 6 weeks. I am still trying to stay awake and hopefully I can kick my desire to work hard back on and set myself up for 12 baptisms.

Know I love you all and I am still shocked about this transfer. I know this email is all over the place and it is hard to understand the love I have for these people and how hard it is to not say goodbye! Before my mission I never missed people and it wasn't that hard to say goodbye but now I feel the same love that the savior has for these people.

I love it here and i can"t wait to keep working and improve my spanish and baptize more in JuJuy!!!!!!!! I know that this gospel is for everyone and that every person can feel the love of Christ as long as we have faith and strength in him. Find your true joy and strenghthen your faith because times are only gonna get harder and your testimonio will be the last thing you have!!!!!!!!
Love always ELDER DARBY

No comments:

Post a Comment