Monday, April 11, 2011

4/11/11

MY ONE GOAL ON MY MISSION I HAVE FOUND OUT IS NOT TO BAPTIZE THE WORLD FOR ME, NOR CONVERT EVERYONE IN MY NAME TO SHOW OFF AND SAY I WAS THE BEST MISSIONARY, BUT TO STRENGTHEN MY RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST AND BE ABLE TO FIND HIS LOST SHEEP SO THAT THEY CAN BE BAPTIZED, IN HIS NAME AND BE APART OF THE ONLY TRUE CHURCH ON THIS EARTH!!!!!!!!

Last night was my best experience i have ever had!!
We got invited to teach family home evening last night at a members (and yes their family home evening is on sundays) anyway so we go over with a few short movie clips and find out that those 2 members invited 4 of our investigator families. As soon as I walked in, I felt this confidence and remembered what Christ promised those who spread the gospel "open your mouth and I will fill it with the words of me and the spirit".
I walked up to the investigators-greeted them and we sat down and were engulfed with Argentine pizza (which is no different except it is homemade and just amazing as can be). After a conversation with the families (I shockingly understood every word!!!) we put in the movie clips and as I looked around the room, I realized this is what a mission is about.
THE SPIRIT WAS SOOOO STRONG! BY FAR THE STRONGEST I HAVE EVER FELT!!!!!!
So, as I looked around at the families and members I saw tears come to their eyes and I felt my testimony start growing, so as soon as the movie finished, we all sat in a 2 minute silence-then I stood up in front of 8 native Argentines and bore a 5 minute testimony. My comp. was shocked and so were the members who knew us so well. After I bore my testimony, I asked the families how they felt and they said they felt this was a prepared message and that it was especially for them. I had the biggest smile thinking-wow this lady who just quit smoking after being addicted for 10 years felt the desire to repent and be baptized. I gave a photo to my comp. of Jesus Christ being baptized and now all 6 of the investigators have a baptism date and all have such testimonies.
I love this work with all my heart, I can´t say I have tons to write but this experience made me realize my purpose.

I want to challenge all of you to read your scriptures daily and to seek to be thankful for all the blessings we each receive, I can promise that if you ask for help from the Lord through sincere prayer and have that faith, then God with pour out a full glass of blessings and you will feel his love more and more everyday. It is not about how well you can recite all the 13 articles of faith or how many scriptures you know, it is about one thing and that is the testimony you have because of your relationship with our FATHER IN HEAVEN WHO LOVES AND WANTS TO HELP EVERYONE OF US.
Stay strong and make Him proud, the one who suffered every single pain of this world. I know He knows the hard times we are going through and can help us if we ask. All Joseph Smith had was faith when he asked and that is all we need.
LOVE ELDER DARBY

No comments:

Post a Comment